PATROLLED BEACHES www.beachsafe.org.au
- Lighthouse Beach, Lighthouse Parade, Ballina
- Shelly Beach, Shelly Beach Parade (pictured)
- Sharpes Beach, The Coast Road, Skennars Head
- Seven Mile Beach, Pacific Parade, Lennox Head
Patrolled from September to April in NSW School Holidays.
- Angels Beach, Angels Beach Road, East Ballina
- Flat Rock Beach, Flat Rock Road, East Ballina (pictured)
- Boulder Beach, The Coast Road, Skennars Head
- South Ballina Beach, South Ballina Beach Road, South Ballina
IPHONE BEACH SAFETY APP
Beachgoers are urged to download the new, free MyBeach info app providing ready access to beach conditions in Ballina Shire at their fingertips. How it works is: a map of the coastline displays icons of beach openings, closures and caution.
- Angels Beach - leash required
- Sharpes Beach - leash required
- Seven Mile Beach (North of Lake Ainsworth) - off leash, effective control
- The Spit (behind waterslides to Missingham Bridge) - off leash, effective control
- Patches Beach (500m north & south of access point) - off leash, effective control
Dogs are prohibited on all other beaches in the Ballina Shire
HORSE RIDING ON BALLINA BEACHES
Horses are permitted on Seven Mile Beach, Lennox Head north of Lake Ainsworth with access from the rear of the lake. Please read the code of conduct:
1. Exercise caution at all time near other beach users
2. Only enter and exit at designated access tracks
3. Do not enter any other walking track or dune
4. Only walk your horse on the beach
5. Do not tether to any native vegetation
VEHICLES ON BEACHES
Seven Mile Beach - Vehicles with 4WD permits are permitted on Seven Mile Beach, Lennox Head north of Lake Ainsworth with access from the western side of the Lake on Camp Drewe Road. Permits are available from the automatic kiosk that is located opposite the Lennox Head Surf Club approaching Camp Drewe Road. Payment by Visa, Mastercard or debit card.
Information regarding fees and guidelines can be found on Ballina Shire Council website 4WDs on Beaches
CODE OF CONDUCT
The following Code of Conduct outlines the conditions of use of 4WD's on Ballina Shire Beaches. It provides guidelines to public safety and the protection of local flora and fauna and must be adhered to at all times.
1. Only enter and exit the beach at designated 4WD beach access tracks
2. Do not drive on any other dune area or track
3. Do not drive within 10km of any part of the vegetated dune
4. Drive only on firm sand below high tide
5. Do not exceed a speed limit of 30kph on beach, or 15kph within 50m of any other beach user.
6. All drivers must hold a current drivers licence
7. All NSW road rules apply
Vehicles are prohibited on all other beaches in the Ballina Shire
- Standalone Operators