Ballina Shire Council is working hard to keep our community and staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To fulfil our obligation under the NSW Public Health Order, entry conditions to several Council facilities will temporarily change from Monday 11 October to Tuesday 30 November 2021.
From Monday 11 October all members of the public aged 16+ who attend the below Council’s facilities will be required to:
1. Be fully vaccinated
2. Sign in with the mandatory QR code (includes children)
3. Wear a mask while indoors (persons aged over 12)
4. Be prepared to provide evidence of exemption to police or authorised officers if these requirements cannot be met.
These entry conditions will be required at the following Council facilities:
• Alstonville Aquatic Centre
• Ballina Indoor Sports Centre
• Ballina Visitor Information Centre
• Ballina War Memorial Swimming Pool
• Lennox Head Cultural Centre
• Northern Rivers Community Gallery
• Ignite Studios
We ask patrons entering these venues to be patient and respectful as our staff adjust to these new requirements.
Council would also like to congratulate our local community for their efforts over the past 18 months. Overall, the community has consistently followed public health orders, continued to support local business, and has rolled up their sleeves to help protect themselves and others.
More than 57% of Ballina Shire residents over the age of 15 are fully vaccinated, and 87% have received one dose. These vaccination rates are key to arming our community against COVID-19 and enjoying more freedoms.
For more information about the NSW Public Health Order and the roadmap for easing restrictions visit nsw.gov.au/covid-19/easing-covid-19-restrictions
For more information about Council facilities and COVID-19 updates visit ballina.nsw.gov.au/Covid
To book your COVID-19 vaccination visit health.gov.au