Ballina Shire Council has announced a business package to support local business and residents during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
The package includes:
- Interest rate on overdue rates and charges – The current rate is 7.5% and will decrease this rate to zero for the period from 1 April 2020 to 30 June 2021, a period of 15 months
- Community Facility Hire Fees – refund of bookings
- Flat Rock Tent Park – refund of bookings
- Northern Rivers Community Gallery – three month fee waiver for exhibition and Ignite Studio Tenants
- Commercial Use of Footpaths – no fees for a period of 15 months from 1 April to 30 June 2021 to allow businesses to re-establish when they open
- Community Groups – tenancy rental relief for Lennox Head Community Sports for 15 months
- Commercial Surf Schools – 50% waiver on annual licence fees for 2020/21
- Parking Fines - focus on education and information for the period to 30 June 2020, with fines only issued for safety, health and disability access reasons
- Health Inspections (food, skin penetration etc) and Public Pool Inspections – waive registration and inspection fees for the period 1 April 2020 to 30 September 2020
- Market Fees, including Farmers Market – waive fees for period 1 April to 30 September
- Ferry Casual Fees – Casual fees for the Burns Point Ferry have been waived until 30 June 2020.
- Commercial Tenants – provide significant rental relief for our commercial tenants in the Wigmore Arcade and other Council-owned facilities.
- Ballina Byron Gateway Airport – provide significant rental relief for the operators in the airport
For further information contact Ballina Shire Council on 1300 864 444.