Do you know an unsung hero who deserves recognition? Show your appreciation by nominating them for the 2022 Ballina Shire Australia Day Awards!
Each year Ballina Shire Council host the Australia Day Awards to celebrate individuals and groups who make a significant contribution to the Ballina Shire through their involvement in community-based activities, sport or the arts.
These people are often quiet achievers, but they go to extraordinary lengths to help others in need and make a difference where it matters most. Their efforts contribute to making Ballina Shire a progressive, innovative and creative community that continues to thrive.
There are seven categories for nomination to recognise positive contributions to our community, sports, environment and the arts.
1. Young Citizen (under 30 years of age) who make a significant contribution to Ballina Shire.
2. Senior Citizen (over 60 years of age) who make a significant contribution to Ballina Shire.
3. Volunteer of the Year for an individual who works tirelessly behind the scenes to support an organisation’s activities.
4. Sports Achievement for a team or individual who has excelled and represented their chosen sport at a local, regional, state, national or international level. Nominations can also be sports administrators who have made a significant contribution to sport.
5. Arts and Culture Award for an individual who has made a significant contribution to the creative arts.
6. Community Event of the Year for an individual or group who has staged an outstanding community event during 2021.
7. Environmental Award for an individual or group contributing to environmental preservation or advancing environmental awareness within the Ballina Shire.
The Citizen of the Year is chosen from all of the nominees across the seven categories.
Nominate online at ballina.nsw.gov.au/AustraliaDay or contact Council’s Communications Team on 1300 864 444.
Nominations close: Monday 15 November 2021.