Lookouts & Headlands - Coastal Walks
The coastal lookouts offer amazing views of the Pacific Ocean and make for the perfect vantage point for watching the humpback whale migration that occurs annually from June through until October.
- South Ballina Breakwall - River Drive, South Ballina
Take the Burns Point Car Ferry across to South Ballina and walk along breakwall for magnificent views of Ballina Island and the coastline. For other things to see and do, read our local guide on Exploring South Ballina.
- North Wall - Fenwick Drive, East Ballina
Choose to walk, ride or scooter along North Wall from Shaws Bay or the Marine Tower. A popular spot with locals.
- Ballina Head - Compton Drive, East Ballina
Overlooks Shelly and Lighthouse Beaches with the Ballina Lighthouse placed high on the hill behind.
- Black Head - The Coast Road, East Ballina
Accessible by the Coastal Recreational Path, nature walks lead to Black Head off the main path.
- Boulders Beach Headland - The Coast Road, Skennars Head
Situated on the Coastal Recrational Path between Ballina and Lennox Head
- Pat Morton Lookout - The Coast Road, Lennox Head
Offers stunning views North to Cape Byron and South along Ballina's roughed coastline.