Every minute of every day, Tourism delivers $9,787 of visitor spend into North Coast - that is almost $14.1 million per day!!
Attached is the Value of Tourismdocument for the North Coast for 2019.
What are some of the key changes that have happened from 2018 to 2019?
- Every minute of every day tourism delivered $9,787 of visitor spend to the North Coast. This is $14.1 million per day and $5.1B annually, a 12% increase on 2018.
- Tourism continues to deliver 9.5% of our jobs supporting 7,394 businesses (+4.5% YOY) and employing just under 22k residents
- Tourism delivered $1.7 billion (6.8%) of the region’s GVA
- Visitors stayed in North Coast hotels for 28.5 million nights (+14%), delivering $405 million in accommodation revenue, with an average nightly rate of $185
- Airports in the region supported 10,616 flights (+0.4%) with a total capacity of 849,143 seats (-0.8%)
Source: Destination North Coast