Ballina Touch Association have been successful in a bid to host the 2017 Junior Regional NSW Touch Football Titles this coming April.
This event will involve competitors in the U14-U18 age divisions (both girls and boys)
hosted at Saunders Oval, BALLINA over the weekend of 22 and 23 April 2017.
Visitor numbers are estimated to be between 1200-1500, with players from the 36 elite teams travelling, with their families, from six NSW touch football regions to Ballina.
Event organisers suggest that as most teams will be travelling considerable distances, it is anticipated that the vast majority will arrive on Friday 21 April, or even earlier, to take advantage of school holidays. Some will depart on Sunday 23 April and others are likely to stay for the Monday or even Anzac Day Tuesday 25 April 2017.
Teams will be enquiring in regards to:
- accommodation (teams prefer to stay together) - washing facilities are high on the list of needs;
- flights, car hire, transfers from the airport and mini-bus hire;
- venues for night-time presentations;
- supermarkets, the availability of ice and fruit;
- local tourist attractions and those in the region.
The public contact for this event is Scott Tuner 0427 003 190, Director of Ballina Junior Touch Football.