Local Government New South Wales (LGNSW) has organised a morning event in August to discuss Inclusive Tourism.
Inclusive Tourism focuses on creating accessible travel opportunities for people with disabilities. This is an emerging market with one in every five Australians identifying as having a disability. Eighty eight per cent of these Australians take a holiday every year injecting $8 billion into the travel industry.
The networking event will have presenters from the New South Wales Business Chamber, Trip Advisor, Destination New South Wales and Local Government New South Wales.
Topics that will be covered include:
- The compelling economic opportunities business can take for inclusive tourism
- How businesses and councils can take advantage of the emerging market for accessible travel and recreation
- Small changes that businesses can make to enhance accessibility and increase profits
- Providing the best possible customer service
- Uploading the right information to digital tourism databases
- Understanding older people, people with disability and carers as consumers
This is a great opportunity to gain a better understanding of this market and how you as a business can work towards improving on the services you provide to be more accommodating to people with a disability.
The event will be held at the Ballina Surf Club on Tuesday 15 August from 8:00am-9:00am. This is a free event and light refreshments will be provided.
Registrations are essential as spaces are limited. To register for this event click here.